Friday, May 21, 2010

James McCluskey

Heres James McCluskey..well now..I remember him from Kamikaze MTB Club..he even did a few early freeridey style spins with me, Murphy and Sean...he'll deny that for some reason, which is stupid , as people will never cop on that the greatest mountainbiker in ireland ever is Bruce Murphy !!! No joke..but this is Jimbos moment !!  What can I say about James..hes done it all, nearly since the beginning, XC, DH even Cyclobore !!


Name:James McCluskey

Club:IMBRC

Category:Masters

Years racing:17 Years (there was a few lean ones though)

Best result - Not necessarily highest result: 7th in the world masters in Praloup in 2007.  The course had my name on it long super steep climbs and fast flowy single track decents.  Such a buzz with my all the Irish cheering me on, sunshine and dusty trails the best days racing I’ve ever had.

Bike:Mmm I have few bikes:-), race bike is a Giant Anthem, 80mm travel front and rear.  Low down stretched out sticks to the trails like glue.  I also race my Orbea Alma a lot, it’s not as tricked out but it will go fast if you push it.  I reckon an Epic course in Djouce will need a full suss but who knows?
 
Favourite Trail:  I’ve loads, in Ireland it the secret trail which I can’t tell you about!  The best spin in the world could be the Col de la Lauze from Clavière on the French/Italian boarder. Amazing climb singletrack decent through Telly Tubbie Land, divine MTB.
Favourite Race: I used to love the old course in Ballinastoe, Castlewellan is great too, got to be in good shape to enjoy both. 
Favourite Biking Destination: France or Italy a question that as troubled mountain bikers for centuries!  I would say France purely because they know how to put on a good event.

No comments: